The FWA issued a statement on Friday (April 29) declaring Salah the best footballer of the year in English football. The Liverpool striker was elected with a maximum of 48 percent of the vote. Kevin de Bruyne and Declan Rice received the remaining 52 percent of the vote. Salah won the award for the second time since returning to England in 2016. Earlier in 2016, FWA selected him as the best footballer of the year.

Salah has scored 30 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool this season. The Egyptian forward has scored 22 goals in 31 matches in the Premier League and 6 goals in 11 matches in the Champions League. Salah has already won the Carabo Cup trophy for the Allreds this season. Jর্গrgen Klopp’s side have also reached the FA Cup final. England are the first team to win four titles this season as they have already won the League Cup.

Meanwhile, he is on the verge of winning the Premier League and Champions League titles. With five matches left in the league, Liverpool are just one point behind top-placed Manchester City. Playing in the Champions League semi-finals. The team has one foot in the final after winning the first leg 2-0 against Villarreal. On Tuesday (May 3), Salahra will be hosting at the Villarreal ground during Bangladesh time.

On the other hand, Chelsea’s Australian forward Sam Carr has won the award of the year in the women’s category. He got 40 percent votes. Arsenal striker Fifiane Midema and City’s Lauren Hemp are left behind. Car is at the top of the list of top scorers in the Women’s Super League with 16 goals this season.

Salah and Carr will be formally awarded the English Football of the Year award on May 5.