Indianapolis, Indiana (April 28, 2022) – The NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Commission has announced the teams and individuals selected to participate in the 2022 NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Regional Tour Championship.
Six regional tournaments will be held from May 9-11 to determine the ground for the finals of the tournament. Regional tournaments are the preliminary rounds of the NCAA Tournament and all national tournament policies apply.
A total of 72 teams and 36 individual participants were selected for the regional competition. Of the 396 players participating in Zhoweng, 132 will qualify for the finals of the tournament, with the top four teams leading and two top players from each region (not in the advanced team).
The national championships will be held May 20-25 at the Client Golf Club in Scottsdale, hosted by Arizona State and Thunderbird. The last three days of the tournament will be broadcast live on the Golf Channel.
Regional locations, groups, and selected individuals are listed below.
Albuquerque regional site
Albuquerque, NM and New Mexico will host the Albuquerque Regional UNM Championship Tournament. Eligibility for automatic conferences is indicated in parentheses next to the organization.
1 – Oregon (PAC 12 conference)
3. Texas (Big 12 Conference)
8. North Texas (United States Conference)
10. Sam Houston State
11. Northern Arizona (Big Sky Conference)
12- New Mexico State (Western Athletic Conference)
1. Patrice Makova, Maryland
2. Sarah Kilker, San Diego State
3. Bernice Olivers Ellas, San Diego State
4. Nabat Lertsduatana, New Mexico
5. Lauren Lehi, New Mexico
6. Pluem Yongyuan, so. Utah
Ann Arbor Regional Site
The Ann Arbor Regional Course will be played at the UM Golf Course in Ann Arbor, Michigan and hosted by Michigan. Eligibility for automatic conferences is indicated in parentheses next to the organization.
1 – San Jose State (Mountain West Conference)
3. Michigan (Big Ten Conference)
6. Virginia Tech
7. North Carolina
11. Xavier (Big East)
12. Auckland (Horizon League)
1. Jana Milichova, ODU
2. Eye of Donegan, Indiana
3. Chloe Schiavone, Notre Dame
4. Raginhildur Kristinsdattir, East Kentucky
5 – Jasmine Lee, North Illinois (Central America Conference)
6. Katherine Lemke, Creighton (Big East Conference)
Franklin Regional Site
The Franklin Regional Game will be hosted by Franklin, at the Vanderbilt Legends Club in Tennessee, and will be hosted by Vanderbilt. Eligibility for automatic conferences is indicated in parentheses next to the organization.
1. Wake Forest (Atlantic Coast Conference)
3. Texas A&M
8. Kent State (Central American Conference)
10 – Augusta (Southland Conference)
11. Boston University (National League)
12. Austin Pay (Ohio Valley Conference)
1. Best Hasgawa, ETSU
2. Michela Bardwell, Tennessee
3. They are Beetles, UNCG
4 – Dorota Jaluska, Chatanuga (Southern Conference)
5. Holy Moss, ETSU
6. Payton Carter, Murray State (Ohio Valley Conference)
Stanford Regional Site
The Stanford Regional Game will be held at the Stanford Golf Course in Stanford, California, with Stanford as the host institution. Eligibility for automatic conferences is indicated in parentheses next to the organization.
2. Southern California
3. LSU (Southeast Conference)
4. Texas Tech
10. Cal Poly (Big West Conference)
11. Princeton (Ivy League)
12. Sacred Heart (Northeast Conference)
1. Rihanna Mission, San Francisco
2. Jennifer Coga, Sacramento State
3. Kirsten Bate, Nebraska
4. Victoria Gilly, Nevada
5. Leah John, Nevada
6 – Siripatsorn Bachna, Grand Canyon (Western Athletic Conference)
Stillwater regional website
The game will be played at the Kirsten Creek Golf Club in the Steelwater District of Steelwater, Oklahoma, and will be hosted by the Oklahoma State. Eligibility for automatic conferences is indicated in parentheses next to the organization.
5. State of Michigan
7. Campbell (Big South Conference)
8 – Foreman (Southern Conference)
9. North Carolina
11. Tulane (American Mathematical Conference)
12- State of Illinois (Missouri Valley Conference)
1. Lily Thomas, Tulsa
2. Kiana Oshiro, Oral Roberts
3. Sarah Bell, Oral Roberts
4. Elaine Nicholas, Ward Incarnate (Southland Conference)
5. Kennedy Pedigo, SMU (American Athletic Conference)
6. Kristen Giles, Drake (Missouri Valley Conference)
Tallahassee Regional Site
The Tallahassee regional game will be hosted by Seminole Legacy Golf Club Tallahassee, Florida as Florida State Host. Eligibility for automatic conferences is indicated in parentheses next to the organization.
1. South Carolina
2. University of California
4. Ole Miss
7- Miami (Florida)
8. Denver (The Summit League)
9- North Florida (Atlantic Solar Conference)
10. College of Charleston (Colonial Mathematical Society)
11. South Georgia (Sunbelt Conference)
12. Quinnipiac (Metro Atlantic Sports Conference)
1 – Letizia Bagnoli, Florida Atlantic (United States Conference)
2. Melanie Green, South Florida
3. Olivia Schmidt, Arkansas
4. Berta Sanchez Sap, Jacksonville State
5 – Allied Vidal, Kennesaw State (Atlantic Sun Conference)
6. Victoria Schroedel, Fairleigh Dickinson (Northeast Conference)
27 conferences have automatically qualified for the 2022 Division I Women’s Golf Tournament.
Defending the Ole Miss national title after winning her first NCAA Division I Women’s Golf National Championship in 2021.